1. Library sponsored programs shall have first priority.
2. Organizations of a cultural, educational, religious, charitable, historical, fraternal, civic, professional or similar nature may use the room, subject to the approval of the Library Director. The room may be used on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to use the meeting rooms, applications must be made in advance of the meeting date. An application must be made in advance of the meeting date. An application form may be obtained from the Director or the Librarian of any branch.
3. No admission fee shall be charged by any group using the facility.
4. Meetings sponsored by the library, such as story hours, book reviews, educational programs, etc. shall be open to all citizens of the parish. At the Director's discretion, authors may sell their works in connection with signings or programs sponsored by the library to promote usage. At the Director's discretion, a materials fee may be charged for applicable library-sponsored activities.
5. Use of the meeting room by any group or organization shall not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of the group or organization by the Library.
6. The library lounge may be used for the serving of refreshments but not for the actual preparation of foods.
7. The meeting room may be booked by adults only. If teenagers or children are to be present, an adult must be responsible and present during the entire meeting.
8. The person applying for use of the room must assume responsibility for leaving the room and lounge in good order. If a group or club damages the room or causes damage to the library building, the group and applicant shall be responsible for payment of repairs.
9. No fee will be charged for non-profit organizations for use of the meeting room. All other groups will be charged $5.00 for each hour or partial hour of meeting room use. Equipment such as overhead projectors, slide projectors and VCRs are available to any organization using
the meeting room at a fee of $2.00 each.
10. Groups or clubs that fail to abide by the rules of the Library or cause damage to the facility will be denied further use of the room.
11. Copies of this policy shall be given to each applicant that requests the use of the meeting room.
12. Use of the meeting room is subject to approval by the Library Director and the LaSalle Parish Library Board of Control.
13. The LaSalle Parish Library does
not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of meetings or meeting room users.